GF Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe:
2 cups Better Batter GF flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 Tbsp sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1. Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder in a medium bowl,
2. Cream sugar and butter, and add the flour mixture until all mixed. It will appear dry and crumbly.
3. Add egg, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until all incorporated. Dough will appear dry.
4. With your hands, work the dough into a ball and compact the dough. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
5. Preheat your oven to 350 F. Grease and flour your cookie sheets.
6. Unwrap the cold, stiff dough and work in your hands until you can form a ball. Place on floured counter and roll out to 1/8 in thick. Feel free to keep a small amount of flour handy to re-flour the surface if needed.
7. Cut out as desired and place on cookie sheets. They dont spread much, but leave about 1/2 inch between cookies. Bake for 10-11 mins. Don’t allow them to brown! Cool before frosting. Makes about 2 doz large shapes.