1. Mix water, yeast and sugar and let sit for 10 mins.
2. Add salt and 1 cup of flour and mix well.
3. Add second cup of flour and mix until it pulls from the sides (about 3 mins) and then spray with non-stick spray and cover with plastic wrap.
4. Preheat your oven to 425 F. Set the bowl near the stove to rise while the oven heats up.
5. After it doubles, (mine took 25 mins or so) flour your hands and a flat surface to shape your breadsticks. I took a small fist size piece and rolled it out and then twisted it. My batch made 13 breadsticks, but I’m sure it will vary depending on how big you make them.
6. Place breadsticks on a buttered cookie sheet, lightly spoon melted garlic butter on them and then bake for 16-18 mins.
7. If you want, pour more garlic butter on them just as they come out of the oven (YUM) and serve warm. My whole family LOVED them. Especially my husband- these were his first breadsticks in 4 years.