Gluten-Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1 can pineapple rings, drained (save the juice if you want)
marachino cherries, opt.
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. Better Batter all-purpose flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 Tbsp butter
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. milk (I did 1/4 c milk, 1/4 c. pineapple juice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Prepare topping in a 9 inch round, melt the butter and mix with the brown sugar in the pan. Arrange pineapple rings with marachino cherries in the center of each ring over the brown sugar butter mixture and set pan aside.
3. To prepare the cake: cream butter and sugar. Then add eggs, one at a time.
4. Add vanilla, salt and baking powder and mix well.
5. Add the flour and milk alternately, mixing well after each addition. Add 1/2 the flour, then half the milk, etc. until they are gone. Batter will be a little thick.
6. Spread cake mix over the pineapple in prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in the center.
7. Let cake cool for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edge and invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm or cooled.