Ok. So this recipe could also be made GLUTEN FREE. If you need that conversion, message me or comment. YES! The 95% is because even fruits and flours add small amounts of fat.
Here is the recipe-
1 1/2 cup flour (50/50 whole wheat is also good)
1/3 cup honey (or 1/2 cup sugar)
1 dash Nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 egg whites (or 1 whole egg- which I used for the loaf in the picture, which does add 4 grams fat to the whole loaf… still awesome.)
3 bananas, very ripe
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract (opt)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8×4 loaf pan.
2. Mix the dry in a large bowl.
3. Add the wet to the dry and blend until just moistened.
4. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for about 55 mins.
*****I have also made this in a glass loaf pan in the microwave for 7 minutes!*****
5. Let cool for 10 mins, loosen sides with a knife and turn out onto a plate or whatever you want! Wait until mostly cool for better looking slices.
This bread is very -almost- gooey. But I love it that way! Enjoy!!!