Ham fried rice……
After my husband was diagnosed with Celiac’s disease, our eating plans had to change——->daily!
American/Chinese food was a fav, so some recipes developed in my kitchen and this is one of our favorites!
1 clove garlic, minced (or about 1 tsp from a jar, or 1/4 tsp dried)
1 lb baby carrots chopped
2 cups ham, chopped (I buy lunch meat, or the already small cubed ham)
2 cups frozen peas
2 Tbsp oil
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 dashes of ground ginger—OPT
1/4 Cup reduced sodium Soy sauce (I use a gfree brand)
6 Cups brown or white rice, cooked (I use a 50/50 blend of brown and white minute rice most of the time for my family)
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet or saute- I’d say at least 14″ over med-hi heat. I also get my rice cooking at this time.
2. Chop the carrots and add them to the skillet. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring once or twice until fork tender.
3. Add the garlic, ham, and vinegar and stir.
4. Add the eggs and peas and cover and let cooke for another 3 minutes or so until the eggs are cooked through. I like them the egg to be separated (not eggy all over everything), so I cook them like the picture above. 🙂
5. Add the rice, salt and pepper and soy sauce, and ginger if you want. Stir altogether and then cover for about a minute for the flavors to mesh.
enjoy! Makes about 10 cups. 🙂