Mexican Slow Cooker
This is a wonderful, healthy slow-cooker Mexican-style chicken. You can make this recipe spicier by adding jalapeños or other fresh chili peppers.
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 can black beans
• 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
• 1 small jar salsa (your favorite variety) (or about 16 oz)
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml cumin
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml chili powder
• 2 cups / 480 ml cooked brown rice
- Add to slow cooker: chicken breast, beans, corn, salsa, cumin and chili powder. Mix and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. Serve with cooked brown rice.
To make a creamier version, add ½ cup plain Greek yogurt the last 30 minutes of cooking. I also added a sprinkle of shredded cheese!