I came across this recipe the other day…….
and it is GOOD.
Like……. you thought you made it to take some to the neighbors, but now you are going to make them something else cuz you just ate half of it good.
I found almond flour in bulk at WinCo, and used sour cream for the coconut cream, with a few drops of coconut extract. So my version wasnt dairy free, but this recipe shows you how it can be!
Avocado Chocolate Bread
(Gluten and Grain Free, Dairy Free)
CREDIT: “Healthy Living with Chocolate”
- 1½ cup avocado, mashed
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ tablespoons coconut cream (cream that forms on the top of a can of coconut milk when can is left in the fridge overnight)
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- add the avocado to a food processor and pulse until creamy
- add the coconut oil, vanilla, coconut cream, honey and eggs to the avocado and pulse to combine ingredients
- chop the pecans and mix with the almond flour, baking soda, cacao powder, salt and chocolate chips in a large bowl
- combine wet and dry ingredients and mix gently with a rubber spatula. Do not over mix.
- spoon batter into an 8½ x 4½-inch medium loaf pan lined with parchment paper and sprinkle top with chocolate chips. Note: the batter will be very thick and you will need to spread it across the pan with a spatula.
- preheat oven at 350°F and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 45 minutes
- let it cool on a wire rack and serve.
- to preserve freshness, place inside an airtight container and store in refrigerator