This past weekend I pondered off and on (I mean…. I wish I could say I pondered all focused and stuff…. but that almost NEVER happens…..) about what I am grateful for and if I truly take care of the things I am grateful for.
Do I express my gratitude enough?
Do I let my loved ones, especially my precious children and my amazing husband, know how much they truly mean to me?
What ARE my priorities?
What DO I DO all day, each day to show what my priorities are? What am I giving my time, energy, $ and emotions to?
Well folks, as a business owner, not all days are equal. Plan as I might, and to-do-list as I may, and as scheduled as my calendar gets….. some days just don’t go as planned.
I’ve started never telling my kids about fun things to do, because I have had a call go long, or an appointment run late, or an sick child take priority. (Please tell me I’m not the only one???)
But as my business grows, my time that is needed, has also increased. Nothing drastic, but just more. Multiple hours are now needed daily, and I have mapped out my hours, and dedicated my to-do-list making and calendar times to reflect these hours.
I have really strived this week, yes….. just this week….. I have made a concerted, FOCUSED effort to keep my business hours.
As a SAHM working from home, this can prove to be impossibly HARD! Don’t deny it! lol
And guess what?
These past few days have been AMAZINGLY…………………… productive! What the what??
For MONTHS I have felt scattered and unbalanced….. trying to figure out how I can feel more peace! And I’ve slacked on household chores because after all the work is done for my business, and regular life responsibilities as a mom of 4 young children— I’ve just thrown in the towel in favor of some seriously needed FUN! And it was SHOWING!
So ya. What I’m telling you, is that I got REAL with myself. I listed what I am grateful for- those things that are non-negotiable in my priority list. And set business hours and stuck to them, and in only THREE DAYS TIME…… I have accomplished more in 3 days than I have for 3 months!!!!! HOLY HANNAH!
These items were checked off my list TODAY:
- Scripture study
- Personal Development Reading
- Challenge Group posts and checkins and invites and followups
- Make pancakes for the kids (FROM SCRATCH) and EAT WITH THEM!
- Take kids to and from school, make lunch for kids and EAT WITH THEM!
- Finish cleaning out the front flower beds.
- Work out
- Have a bubble bath in the jacuzzi with the toddler, then shower and bathe the babe
- Post in my team page, and connect with team members and work on trainings
- Take kids to the PARK and PLAY WITH THEM! NO PHONE TIME!
- Take kids to get FROZEN YOGURT and EAT WITH THEM! – NO phone time.
- Get kids a fun movie for tonight.
- Grocery shop and get my daughter her first bra! Look at swimsuits for Vacation!
- Get slides ready for team training call tomorrow night.
- Make DINNER for family, and EAT WITH THEM!
- Read books to kids and have them in bed by 7:30pm.
- Finish training slides.
- Relax with the Hubby and finish planning Family Vacation (book hotels and get ticket information) for next week!
- Be in BED by 10:30pm.